Juggernaut of Khorne
|Attention, Adept of the LEXICANUM!|
They are massive Daemons of Chaos cloaked in sheets of steel and brass instead of flesh. Half-daemon, half-enchanted steel and sinew they stand taller than a man with blood of liquid fire. Their sinews are steel cables, their limbs powered by great pistons and gears and as they move and trample enemies they belch smoke and fire. [1a]
They range in colour from deep wrought-iron black to red-burnished steel. [3a]
Juggernauts are ridden into battle by powerful mortal and daemonic minions of Khorne, for only those possessed of exceptional willpower can hope to control such a raging beast. They are also creatures that pull the Chariots of Khorne into battle. Juggernauts, simply put, are pure killing machines with little intelligence, just the raw instinct of combat.
|He came upon a mighty steed of groaning iron and brazen steel, a thing of living metal that stood taller than a man and roared with all the furies of a thousand dead. He sat securely proud in a deep saddle that grew out of the very back of this accursed Beast, its high posts framing a massive head, part hound, part bull, part the incarnate soul of bloody hate.
- 1: Liber Carnagia
- 1a: Minions of Carnage, pg. 18
- 2: Warhammer Armies: Warriors of Chaos (8th Edition)
- 3: Realm of Chaos: Slaves to Darkness (1988)
- 3a: The Juggernaughts, pg. 28
- Warhammer Armies: Chaos (4th Edition) (1994), pg. 50
- Warhammer Armies: Realm of Chaos (5th Edition) (1997), pg. 83
- Warhammer Armies: Hordes of Chaos (6th Edition) (2002), pg. 33
- Warhammer Armies: Storm of Chaos (6th Edition) (2004), pgs. 31-32
- Warhammer Armies: Daemons of Chaos (7th Edition) (2008), pgs. 44, 50]