Pirates, Corsairs, Buccaneers and other wolves of the sea can be found on the oceans and rivers of the world.
Notable Bands, Captains and their ships
- Aranessa Saltspite commanding the Swordfysh. 
- Banehanded Ezra. [1f]
- Bearded Jon, Also known as Henri the Little, commanded the Demiurge and often sailed with Red Henri. [1g]
- Bonnie Berto. [1f]
- Ezra Banehand.
- Jacque Rawhead. [1d]
- Jeremiah Tusk commanding the Lightning Tree. [1a]
- Long Drong commanding the Fair Fregar.
- Metto Matez. [1d]
- Muhannad Ru'af, An Arabyian Corsair commanding the Badarra and the Tariq. [1b]
- Otto Steinroth: The Red Pirate of Marienburg who successfully raided Ulthuan but brought down the wrath of the High Elves on his city. [3a]
- Red Henri of Breton, Commanding the Kymera. [1c]
- Reyno Bloodlock commanding the Sacramento. [1d]
- Reivers. 
- Sacadra the Jinx [1d]
- Willem Longtooth. [1d]
- Jolie Rouge or the Bloody Flag: A plain red flag and the sign of no quarter or mercy. [1b]
- Pirate Marks or the Black: Designs on a black background that warned a victim ship to give over without a fight, or informed another pirate of a fellow. If a pirate displayed his black before an attack and you surrendered without a fight, he was obliged to show mercy. [1b]
Pirate captains do not usually carry their riches with them but often bury them and keep a private and often coded chart. On that chart is a cross, an X, which marks the location of his buried trove. When a captain reaches the end of his career on the waves, he and his crew sail for that cross uncover the riches and share them out, a portion to every man as befits his duty, service and rank. [1i]
- 1: Fell Cargo
- 2: Dreadfleet
- 3:Warhammer Armies: High Elves (8th Edition)