Jasperre le Beau
Jasperre le Beau, also known as Jasperre the Fair and Jasperre the Dragonslayer was a renowned Questing Knight from the Bretonnian dukedom of Bastonne. In his quest for the Grail he had slain many powerful monsters, which made him a celebrated hero. His greatest feat was freeing Isabeau, the King's daughter from the clutches of the dragon Malgrimace, killing the mighty beast and taking its claw as a trophy, he became known as a renowned dragonslayer, slaying many of Malgrimaces lesser breed.
Weapons and Abilities
Jasperre rode into battle on a mighty Pegasus. The ability to fly was especially helpful for a Dragonslayer, his skills were further enhanced by his collection of magical items.
- Helm of the Dragon Slayer: Jasperre's helm is blackened with the fire of his many encounters, yet it carries the good wishes of the Lady herself, and will continue to protect him for so long as he chivalrous ways from the fire of dragons.
- Claw of Malgrimace: Jasperre wears around his neck the talon of Malgrimace, the ferocious Dragon from whose clutches he rescued the king of Bretonnia's daughter. The claw has the power to protect Jasperre against lesser beasts - for Malgrimace was the greatest Dragon of his time, and his power lingers on after his death.
- The Virtuous Lance: When Jasperre set out on his grail quest, he took the Virtuous Lance from the grail chapel of Sancerre, fancying that its long steel shaft and keen tip would make an ideal weapon against Dragons. He was well guided by the Lady in his choice, for the weapon has never failed him and many are the Dragons who have felt its sharp point piercing their scales. The lance is festooned with ladies' favours tied on by grateful damsels rescued by the dashing Jasperre.
- 1: Warhammer Armies: Bretonnia (6th Edition), Needs Citation
- 2: The Bretonnian Collectors Guide (2005), Needs Citation