Morgiana le Fay
Her will is that of the goddess, and even kings must bow to her wise council. The Grail Knights, having sworn their lives completely to the goddess, are bound by their sacred oaths to respond to any call or decree of the Fay Enchantress. Their vows ensure that this duty is paramount, coming even before loyalties to duke and king, for the Fay Enchantress and the Lady of the Lake represent more so than any mortal lord ever could.
At times when the king has no clear heir, the Fay Enchantress alone has the power to instate a worthy replacement. Evidence of the Fay Enchantress' power over the realms can most forcefully be seen during the time of King Bellaume the Brave when she ordered the Grail Knights of the king's own court to forcefully expel him, stripping him of his title and honour before banishing him from the realm and installing his successor.
During the End Times, she was betrayed to Mannfred von Carstein by the Branchwraith Drycha, captured and transformed into a vampire, though she was hesitant to feed on people after her transformation. Ultimately, she was used by Arkhan the Black as a sacrifice in order to resurrect his master, Nagash, in the body of Volkmar the Grim. Like all Damsels and Prophetesses, Morgiana would be resurrected in the Lady's personal Haven, part of her plan to preserve humanity.
- 5th Edition: She can cast four unique spells. [1a]
- Beguilement of Blondel: An enemy is entranced by visions of an appropriate paradise until they can snap out of it. [1a]
- Doom of Dol: She names an enemy and which of her allies will slay them. [1a]
- Mist of Chálons: Mist enshrouds the allies of the Enchantress, defending them but allowing them to see their enemies clearly. [1a]
- Spiteful Glance: She can attempt to turn an enemy into a frog! [1a]
Weapons and Equipment
If she deigns to grace an army of Bretonnia with her presence in times of war she will inspire the knights ot great deeds, bestowing her favours on the best and bravest of them. She is often escorted by Knights Errant who have sworn to defend her to the death. [1a]
- 5th Edition: Chalice of Potions, Girdle of Gold, Morgiana's Mirror Sword, Toad Power Familiar, Unicorn.[1a]
- Girdle of Gold - Woven with powerful magics of otherworldly protection, the Girdle defies the Enchantress' enemies efforts to strike at her. Thanks to its power she can accompany Knights into battle, and yet wear no armour, the power of the Girdle of Gold protecting her instead.[1a]
- Morgiana's Mirror Morgiana's Mirror enables her to peer into the hearts and minds of enemy wizards, so that she can discern their intentions and prepare herself against them.[1a]
- Power Familiar (Toad) - Said to have once been a wizard that displeased her, the Enchantress draws power from her toad familiar to strengthen her spells and weaken the magic of her enemies.[1a]
- The Chalice of Potions - The Fay Enchantress's Chalice of Potions holds a magical potion distilled from lilies gathered by her on the eve of battle. The power of the chalice depends upon the lilies she selects and the spells she weaves over them, with the colour of the resultant vapours deciding the effects.[1a]
- Blue: The chalice discharges a blue cloud which drifts over the battlefield and settles over one enemy war machine. The war machine cannot fire whilst it is under the cloud.[1a]
- Red: The healing effects of the potion's vapours protect those around the Fay Enchantress. [1a]
- White: The chalice discharges an enveloping mist which completely surrounds the Fay Enchantress and any unit she is with, making attempts to fire projectile weapons at them impossible.[1a]
- Violet: The chalice discharges a powerful violet coloured mist which coils around the Fay Enchantress like a serpent, choking any enemies in close range.[1a]
- Yellow: The potion vapours burn with a pure intensity that dazzles enemies touching the Fay Enchantress.[1a]