Count Mordrek was once a noble man, who was tempted by the power of Chaos. Mordrek was "blessed" with the gift of Immortality, his body would constantly mutate under his ornate Chaos Armour, alowing him to never truly die.[1a]
Mordrek has been slain many times, only to rise up once more to serve the gods, he wandered the old world doing their bidding and slaughtering all who opposed their will. Whilst most Chaos Champions would view this as a great gift, Mordrek saw it as a curse he longed to be free of. Those he slew under his blade turned into monstrous Chaos Spawn and gained the oblivion he so desperatly craved, nobody knew what his destiny was or what the gods intented for him. Such was the fate of Count Mordrek the Damned.[1a]
Weapons and Abilities
Mordrek was a mighty Chaos Champion for none could truly kill him and he could withstand the most deadly of wounds.
- The "Chaos Runeshield" is covered in writhing magical runes that have the power to destroy an enemies magic weapons and items.[1a]
- The "Gift of Living Damnation" is a mighty boon and curse as beaneath Mordrek's armour his form is constantly changing, wracked by the horrific mutations brought on by chaos. [1a]
- The "Sword of Change" has the power to transform his enemies into mindless Chaos Spawn, causing their bodies to horrificly mutate, even after death. [1a]
|I have no right to pray for White Sigmar any more, but from Daemons guarding the gateway to the Realm of Chaos, I ask for your deliverance. Rest now, sleep for eternity. You are now free of the withering clouds of war.
- 1: Warhammer Armies: Champions of Chaos (5th Edition)
- 1a: Count Mordrek, pg. 20-21
- 2: The Horned Rat Companion
- 2a: Chapter 10: Brass Keep, pg. 75
- 3: Warhammer: The End Times Collection