A Vampire who has reached the level of Vampire Lord is incredibly powerful in both his own abilities and his temporal domain. The world shakes at his will, and the bravest heroes tremble to hear his name.
Only the best of the Vampires reach this rank; it is not enough to simply control kingdoms or to have lived for centuries, the Vampire must also be a true master of dealing death, of dominating minds, and of harnessing his strength to the utmost effect. The Vampires have no Gods; the Vampire lords are close enough to suffice. Many are regular Vampires, combining necromantic magic with brute strength and skill, such as Mannfred Von Carstein. Others however may be fearsome Blood Knights like Walach Harkon or powerful Necrarchs like Mundvard the Cruel.
Known Vampire Lords
- Abhorash, the first of the Blood Knights and the mightiest of Vampires.
- Konrad von Carstein, a bloodthirsty and unstable vampire who inherited Vlad's rule.
- Mallobaude, bastard son of Louen Leoncoeur.
- Mannfred von Carstein, the most cunning and manipulative of Vlad von Carstein's get, he took over sylvania after Konrad died in battle.
- Merovech, the Mad Duke of Mousillon.
- Mundvard the Cruel, a Necrarch member of the Von Carsteins.
- Neferata, the first Vampire and the founder of the Lahmian cabal.
- The Red Duke, a mighty knight of Bretonnia, who was turned by Abhorash himself.
- Ushoran, the first of the devolved Ghoul Kings.
- Vlad von Carstein, the first and greatest Count of Sylvania
- W'soran, the first of the Necrarchs
Weapons and Equipment
- 4th Edition: Sword. May have Additional Hand Weapon, Barding, Crossbow, Double Handed Weapon, Flail, Halberd, Heavy Armour, Lance, Light Armour, Shield and Spear. May have four Magic Items. May ride a Skeleton Steed, Undead Chariot or a Monster. [1a]
- 5th Edition: Hand Weapon. May have Barding, Double Handed Weapon, Halberd, Heavy Armour, Lance, Light Armour, Shield and Spear. May have three Magic Items. May ride a Nightmare or a Monster. [2a]
- 8th Edition: Hand Weapon. May have Additional Hand Weapon, Great Weapon, Halberd, Heavy Armour, Lance, Shield. May have Magic Items. May have Vampiric Powers. May ride a Abyssal Terror, Barded Nightmare, Coven Throne, Hellsteed or Zombie Dragon. [3a]
- 1: Warhammer Armies: Undead (4th Edition)
- 1a: Undead Army List, pg. 81
- 2: Warhammer Armies: Vampire Counts (5th Edition)
- 2a: Army List, pg. 62
- 3: Warhammer Armies: Vampire Counts (5th Edition)
- 3a: Vampire Counts Army List, pg. 86
- 1 Night's Dark Masters
- 2 Warhammer: The End Times Collection