Karak Kadrin is a Dwarf stronghold which guards Peak Pass, an important trading route which runs through the Worlds Edge Mountains from the distant east to the Old World. Karak Kadrin benefits from its position, having become a wealthy trading center.
Karak Kadrin is also an invasion route for the creatures plaguing the lands to the east, who, unchecked, would be free to rampage into the Old World. Despite being besieged countless times, Karak Kadrin has never fallen. Its impregnability is probably due to the fact it has become the home of the Dwarven Slayer Cult, who are naturally attracted to such a contested place. On account of this, Karak Kadrin is commonly known as "Slayer Keep", and is an important centre for the worship of Grimnir, the Dwarf Ancestor God epitomizing fearlessness and fighting spirit.
The Dwarfs and the many outposts they garrison along the route provide welcome security to the caravans in what would otherwise be a dangerous region, as well as keep a vital trade route open. In return, the Dwarfs collect much gold in tolls, paid willingly by merchants.
At Karak Kadrin, a weary Slayer may find lodging, food, and hospitality for as long as he needs it before resuming his quest for death. In return, those Slayers who remain at the keep are expected to help the King uphold his pledge to guard Peak Pass.
Following the tradition of his ancestors, Ungrim Ironfist, the king of Karak Kadrin, has taken the Slayer oath himself. However, bound by his duties as a monarch, he cannot leave and seek an honourable death in combat. Therefore he fulfils his Slayer oath by providing for other Slayers as they seek to fulfil their vows.
- Baldi Bluebeard: He slew a mighty carrion bird with a single crossbow bolt, but the great beast fell upon him, his descendants were named Griefwing. [1a]
- Bowli Griefwing: Dwarf adventurer and Longbeard, highly skilled with a crossbow. [1a]
- Ori Ironbeater: One of the oldest and most respected metalsmiths in the hold. [1b]
- Ungrim Ironfist: King of Karak Kadrin.
- Ethgrim Paingrinder: A Dwarf adventurer, wielder of the Rune Axe Paingrinder. [1a]
- Olif Thumpcrush: A Dwarf adventurer and second son of one of the most respected metalsmiths in the hold, Ori Ironbeater. [1b]
Throng of Karak Kadrin
The hold fields an unusual army the majority of which are Slayers.[3a]
- Lord: Daemon Slayer with same options as a Dwarf Lord. [3a]
- All other characters must be Slayer characters. [3a]
- Core: Slayers. [3a]
- Special: Dwarf warriors, one unit of Hammerers if the Slayer king is leading the army.[3a]
- Rare: Crossbows and Thunderers. [3a]
|The Dwarf realms|
|Karaz-a-Karak - Karak Kadrin - Zhufbar - Karak Azgal - Karak Azul- Karak Hirn - Karak Angazbar - Karak Gantuk - Karak Izor - Karak Norn - Karak Ziflin - Karak Eight Peaks - Barak Varr - Karak Zorn - Karak Eksfilaz - Karak Kaferkammaz - Karak Grom - Karak Azgaraz - Karak Angkul|
|Norse Dwarf holds||Kraka Dorden - Kraka Drak - Kraka Ornsmotek - Kraka Ravnsvake|
|Lost holds||Karaz Bryn - Karak Drazh - Karak Dum - Karak Khazarak - Karak Ungor - Karak Varn - Karak Vlag - Karak Zanda - Ekrund - Mount Silverspear|
- 1: Warhammer Monthly
- 2: Storm of Magic
- 2a: Dragon, pg. 120
- 3: Warhammer Armies: Dwarfs (6th Edition)
- 3a: Armies of the Dwarfs, pg. 78
- White Dwarf 152, pg. 54, The Dwarf Realms