Menieth was a High Elven Prince of Caledor. He was the son of Caledor Dragontamer and became the ruler of Caledor after his father was imprisoned in the Vortex.[2e] He had golden hair.[2a] He participated in the First Council and supported the election of Bel-Shanaar as Phoenix King. When Morathi raged against the princes' choice of Bel-Shanaar over her son Malekith, Menieth alone dared meet Morathi's gaze, the other princes being cowed by her glare.[2b]
Menieth had three sons:
- Caledrian, his eldest son and heir, who ruled Caledor from Menieth's death until his own death at the massacre at the Shrine of Asuryan.[2f]
- Imrik, who became the Phoenix King Caledor I.
- Dorien, who served Caledor I as a general in the early wars against the Dark Elves.
- 1: Malekith (novel) by Gav Thorpe, Needs Citation, pg. 617 of 624 (ebook)
- 2: Caledor (novel) by Gav Thorpe (ebook)
- 2a: Needs Citation, pg. 9 of 624
- 2b: Needs Citation, pgs. 10-12 of 769
- 2c: Needs Citation, pg. 77 of 769
- 2d: Needs Citation, pg. 139 of 769
- 2e: Needs Citation, pg. 140 of 769
- 2f: Needs Citation, pg. 187 of 769