|Attention, Adept of the LEXICANUM!|
Gorbad invaded The Empire at the head of an army and defeated several opposing armies, plundering and devastating Averland, the Moot, Wissenland, and Solland. Terrified refugees fled to the apparent safety of Pfeildorf, Solland's capital, and Count Eldred was warned that Gorbad's army was approaching and that his own army was seriously outnumbered.
Instead of fleeing to save his life, abandoning his people to their doom, Eldred decided to stay in order to protect them as best as possible, vowing to share their fate. Determined to sell their lives as dearly as possible, he and his troops prepared themselves for a doomed last stand.
The ensuing Battle of Solland's Crown was an Orc victory. Count Eldred engaged Gorbad in personal combat but was defeated and killed. Solland's crown and runefang were taken by Gorbad.
- Solland was later annexed by Wissenland. The count of Wissenland was probably the only credible choice to fill Solland's power vacuum. It is unclear if Eldred had no sons and heirs, or if they also perished in the battle. It is possible but unconfirmed if the Count of Wissenland was Eldred's relative or perhaps married to Eldred's nearest female relative.
- Runefang (novel), Prologue
- Warhammer Armies: Orcs & Goblins (4th Edition), pgs. 7, 15, 97
- Warhammer Armies: Orcs & Goblins (6th Edition) pg. 65
- Warhammer Armies: Orcs & Goblins (7th Edition), pgs. 7, 15
- Warhammer Armies: The Empire (4th Edition), pg. 11
- Warhammer Armies: The Empire (6th Edition), pgs. 57, 59
- Warhammer Armies: The Empire (7th Edition), pgs. 11, 12, 31