Frederick von Tarnus
Once the commander of the Carroburg Greatswords, Frederick gained a reputation as a warrior wizard . At this time, this was a very dangerous matter: before the establishment of the Colleges of Magic, magic was strictly illegal and magic-users were commonly hunted down and burned alive. Cautiously Frederick went into self-imposed exile. However the Great War Against Chaos would change everything.
The recently arrived High Elf mage Teclis summoned, gathered and trained all available human hedge-wizards for the defence of the Old World. Among them was von Tarnus, who became a skilled and powerful Bright Wizard. The end of the war led to the establishment of the Colleges of Magic; Frederick became the first patriarch of the Bright Order.
Heater created several powerful magic heirlooms:
- The Staff of Volans, badge of office of the Supreme Patriarch [2b][3b][4b]
- The Silver Seal, used by Karl Franz [2a][4a]
- The Armour of Tarnus [3a][4c]
- 1: Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay (2nd Edition), "Realms of Sorcery", pg. 28
- 2: Warhammer Armies: The Empire (4th Edition)