Wars of the Vampire Counts
This article is a stub. You can help the Lexicanum by expanding it.
The Wars of the Vampire Counts, also called the Vampire Wars[2a][7c], were three major wars fought between the divided and feuding rulers of The Empire, bitter rivals during the Age of Three Emperors, against the Vampire Counts of Sylvania. The Dwarfs, High Elves and Wood Elves would also fight at the side of their human allies.
- The first war began on the Geheimnisnacht of 2010 IC[1a][1d][2b][3a][4a][4d][7a][7c], as Vlad von Carstein summoned a huge undead army and invaded The Empire. He was killed at the Siege of Altdorf in the winter of 2051 IC[1b][1d][2b][2c][3a][4b][4d][7c].
- The surviving vampires feuded amongst themselves for the overall leadership. Konrad von Carstein prevailed and started a second war in 2094 IC[1d][4e]. He died in the Battle of Grim Moor in the spring of 2121 IC[1c][1d][2d][3a][4c][4e][7b][7c].
- The final conflict began with Mannfred von Carstein's Winter War in 2132 IC[1d][2d][4c][4e][7c]. He was slain in the Battle of Hel Fenn in 2145 IC[1d][4e][7b][7c].
- For unknown reasons several sources state that the Mannfred's Winter War began in 2032 IC[1c][2d][3b], which is a simple and quite obvious mistake. Mannfred became the ruler of Sylvania only after Konrad's death (2121 IC) and for a whole decade did nothing, waiting for a renewal of the civil war between the feuding rulers of The Empire. It seems to be a case of: "the old book gives a wrong date and the new books copy the mistake again and again". The last army book provides the correct date.Needs Citation
- 1: Warhammer Armies: Undead (4th Edition)
- 2: Warhammer Armies: Vampire Counts (5th Edition)
- 3: Warhammer Armies: Vampire Counts (6th Edition)
- 4: Warhammer Armies: Vampire Counts (7th Edition)
- 5: Warhammer Armies: The Empire (4th Edition), pg. 11
- 6: Warhammer Armies: The Empire (6th Edition), pg. 59
- 7: Warhammer Armies: The Empire (7th Edition)
- 8: The Empire at War, pg. 27